India Playing XI vs SL Asia Cup Final: After a narrow loss to Bangladesh in the inconsequential Super 4 clash, India will face Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup final on Sunday. India made many changes to the lineup that beat Sri Lanka in the Super 4 clash and they will all be back. But there is still a cloud over Shreyas Iyer for the IND vs SL clash. To make matters worse, Axar Patel will also miss the India vs Sri Lanka match due to a wrist injury. But Jasprit Bumrah and Virat Kohli will return to India playing XI vs SL.
With Virat Kohli rested, India tried Tilak Varma but the youngster could not hold his own against Bangladesh. Also, Suryakumar Yadav continues to disappoint in the ODI format. Therefore, India will remember the original XI that beat Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the Super 4 stage, barring Axar Patel.
Axar Patel suffered a wrist injury in the last match. The Indian cricket team has called up Washington Sundar as cover. But whether he plays or not, he will depend entirely on the field.
India Playing XI vs SL For Asia Cup Final
- Rohit Sharma (C)
- Shubman Gill
- Virat Kohli
- KL Rahul (WK)
- Ishan Kishan/Shreyas Iyer
- Hardik Pandya (VC)
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Axar Patel/ Washington Sundar
- Shardul Thakur
- Mohammed Siraj
- Jasprit Bumrah
Complete India Squad for Asia Cup
Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Shardul Thakur, Prasidh Krishna, Tilak Varma, Washington Sundar.
IND vs SL: What to expect?
- After a sensational century against Bangladesh, Shubman Gill will open with Rohit Sharma.
- Virat Kohli, who missed the last match due to workload management issues, will return.
- The former India captain had an extended nets session during the IND vs BAN match at the R Premadasa Stadium.
- KL Rahul, who has returned to the set-up and is fit, will be India’s designated wicketkeeper-batsman.
- Hardik Pandya will slot right in at No 6 with Ravindra Jadeja at No 7.
- In the bowling department, Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Siraj will return to India playing XI vs SL. Kuldeep Yadav, who was rested, will also return.