India and South Africa will face one other for the penultimate time this month. The fourth T20 match India against South Africa will be played at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, which last hosted an international match in the shape of an India-Australia ODI more than two years ago. Check Rajkot Cricket Stadium T20 records: Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium Rajkot T20 stats and highest innings total
Rajkot will host South Africa for the first time in any format in only its seventh international match. In the meanwhile, India had won two and lost one of their previous three T20Is in Rajkot. The last time they played a T20I at this venue was in November of this year against Bangladesh. It’s worth noting that this was also the last occasion Rajkot hosted a T20 match.
With a 1-2 deficit after three T20Is, India will need to repeat their heroics in Visakhapatnam to stay alive in the five-match series.
Rajkot Cricket Stadium T20 records
Rajkot, like Cuttack and Visakhapatnam, has limited T20I stats and records due to the fact that it has only hosted three T20Is to far.
Colin Munro (109), Rohit Sharma (98), Virat Kohli (94), Aaron Finch (89), and Yuvraj Singh (89) are the top T20I run scorers at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium (77). The leading run-scorers in this series are Shreyas Iyer (47), Axar Patel (5), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (2), and Hardik Pandya (1).
Trent Boult (4), R Vinay Kumar (3), Yuzvendra Chahal (3), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (3), and Aminul Islam (3) are the top T20I wicket-takers in Rajkot (1). Pandya and Patel, who have previously bowled one and three overs at this venue, have yet to pick up a T20I wicket.
- Colin Munro from New Zealand has 109 runs.
- Rohit Sharma has the most runs for India: 98.
- Colin Munro had the best score, 109.
- Rohit Sharma, for India, has an 85.
- Colin Munro and Rohit Sharma have the most 6s: 7
- India vs. Australia, 202/4, was the highest score.
- Bangladesh vs. India, 153/6, was the lowest score.
- Trent Boult has taken 4 wickets.
- R is for India. Vinay Kumar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzendra Chahal: 3.
- Best economy: Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja: 5.75
- Most dismissals (wk): Brad Haddin (Aus), Glenn Phillips (NZ): 2
- Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan got 118 runs together.
- Rohit Sharma has caught 2 balls.
Rajkot Cricket Stadium Highest innings totals
There have never been any innings totals under 150 in the six completed T20I innings at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium. The highest T20I innings scores were set in the inaugural T20I when India and Australia scored 202/4 (19.4 overs) and 201/7 (20 overs) respectively.
New Zealand had scored 196/2 in their lone T20I against India in Rajkot in 2017. The remaining three Rajkot T20I innings all had innings scores of 153-156.
— DK (@DineshKarthik) June 14, 2022
Read Also More: Rajkot Stadium ticket booking